Symptoms of Fentanyl Overdose
Overdose on Fentanyl (Actiq®, FentoraTM, Duragesic®) is extremely dangerous. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid.
Symptoms of Fentanyl (and other opioid) overdose, include:
- Constricted (tiny) pupils.
- Severe respiratory depression, such as slow or shallow breathing.
- Cold, clammy skin.
- Gray, blue, or pale skin.
- Blue or purple lips and nails.
- Respiratory arrest (not breathing).
- Extreme decreases in the level of consciousness.
- Limp or flimsy arms and legs.
- Slurred speech or inability to speak.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Making choking or gurgling sounds.
Naloxone (NARCAN®) is the only pharmaceutical drug that can reverse a Fentanyl overdose.